Mukherji Nagar Or Kingsway Camp officially known as Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar (GTB Nagar), since 1970, is a historic area located in North Delhi, near Civil Lines and Delhi University. It starts from Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar (GTB) Chauraha (passing), and has residential areas like Hudson Lines and Outram Lines. Localities like Dhaka Village,and Hakikat Nagarnearby close. Though it is most known for the Coronation Park, where the foundation of the new capital of British India, New Delhi, north of Old Delhi, was laid in December, 1911, by King George V.
Originally named after Kingsway, an avenue which was built as a precursor to the construction of residence of the Viceroy of India, after the Delhi Durbar of 1911, though its location was finally shifted to the Raisina Hill, its present location, as was the road titled Kingsway, now known as Rajpath. The area stretched over twenty-five square miles from banks of Yamuna Riverin the east to Shalimar Bagh in the west. Post independence in 1947, it became the venue of the largest refugee camp in Delhi, housing 3,00,000 refugees. Today, it is posh residential locality, with a large number of students residing in the area owing to its proximity with the Delhi University; it serviced by the GTB Nagar underground station of Delhi Metro.